The ability to help steer a technology business through its various phases of development and evolution is an invaluable asset.
Forsters has the practical experience, proven track record and aptitude to tailor our advice to our clients’ particular needs. Our technology practice delivers a holistic service, ensuring that clients receive clear advice upon which they can base their most essential and pressing business decisions.
Our skill set is extensive, ranging from mergers and acquisitions to venture capital, from corporate restructuring to securing innovative financing options from challenger banks. In terms of taxation, we offer not only compliance but strategic insight to optimise your fiscal landscape.
We are active advisors to entrepreneurs and start-ups and we work with you to add real value and to help you navigate the process. Situated ideally to collaborate with entrepreneurs at the beginning of their commercial journeys, we provide unwavering support through initial setup, seed funding, organic growth, through to a successful exit strategy, including via IPO.
In addition to startups, we are experts at advising scale-ups on their journeys and the larger, more mature technology businesses on their legal requirements. We also advise investors, including angels.
A cornerstone of our practice is the development of long-term, beneficial relationships. To that end, we offer an extensive range of services, including employment law, funding and finance, tax strategy and future planning, allowing technology businesses to not merely adapt but thrive in this ever-changing economic climate.
We have numerous years’ experience advising on cryptoassets, with a broad range of clients from the sector. We have acted on high profile token issues, as well as advising wealthy investors and fiduciaries and dealing with early stage structuring of blockchain related projects for founders and others.
As well as these organic growth strategies, we advise on both acquisitions and disposals, in line with our clients’ commercial objectives. We are also often trusted to oversee our technology clients’ first-ever disputes.
- Advised Greybull Capital on the acquisition of McLaren Applied (a world leader in electronic control systems, electrification, connectivity, and analytics), previously the technology division of the McLaren Group, and subsequently advised on the strategic bolt on acquisition of the micromobility business of Furosystems.
- Advised BEDEO on the acquisition of Protean Electric Limited (a provider of in-wheel motor technology for electric vehicles that removes the need for a traditional engine) from the Evergrande group.
- Acted for two of the founders of Peakon ApS (an employment engagement tool) on the sale to NASDAQ listed Workday, Inc, in an all-cash deal valued at $700 million.
- Advised a digital assets start-up from incorporation through to an acqui-hire exit to a global household name technology business.
- Advised a cyber security company specialising in supply chain management, on a Series A funding and investment from The Future Fund.
- Advised numerous start-up companies and angel investors on various financing rounds, as well as helping the start-ups with their day-to-day commercial requirements and employee incentive schemes.
- Advised a SaaS company on its AIM Admission and related share placing raising £14 million. This company was the first Irish and EU company to float on the London capital markets post-Brexit.
- Advised the shareholders of Sports Alliance, a fan data management and digital marketing solutions provider which serves professional sports brands, on the sale of the company to KORE Software (which is owned by the US private equity firm Serent Capital).