Experienced industrial and logistics lawyers
Record demand for Grade A logistics floorspace in 2020 and 2021 (the Covid amplification years) was followed by a drop in investment and tenant take up towards the end of 2022. Notwithstanding challenging economic conditions, the industrial and logistics sector is proving to be robust. Opportunities remain for those who are knowledgeable, agile and well-funded.
At Forsters, we thrive on helping our clients make the most of opportunities. We have the experience and expertise to advise them through challenging times, ensuring that assets are future proofed to remain attractive to investors and occupiers in a sustainable world.
We help our clients make the most of these opportunities and have the experience and expertise to advise them through challenges such as anticipating and reacting to the latest developments in the use of IT, complying with regulatory constraints on data, negotiating lease terms with sight of market norms and to protect their interests and securing the permissions they need to do business.
Our logistics team is made up of leading specialists from our real estate, planning, finance, corporate, employment, tax and property litigation teams. This mix makes for a strong, talented group of lawyers who are able to draw on their experience and sector knowledge to deliver innovative, commercial solutions.
Our team advises on
Our team of industrial and logistics specialists are experienced in advising on:
- Portfolio management (including data protection, regulation, employment and IT)
- Funds, co-investments and joint ventures
- Infrastructure (letting, funding, construction and development of warehouses)
- Procurement and tender process advice
- Property disputes and litigation
- Contracts and supply agreements
- Third party agreements and outsourcing
- UK and cross-border direct and indirect real estate investments
- Real estate finance
- Tax structuring
- British Airways Pension Fund - We are acting in relation to a landmark logistics/industrial scheme next to the M40 in Banbury.
- Canmoor - We have acted on numerous sites for Canmoor, since 2005. Development schemes/funding partners.
- PLP - We have advised PLP on the acquisition of a former steelworks adjacent to the M1 motorway junction in Sheffield.
- Wrenbridge - We have acted on the sale of numerous high value schemes including Boxset, Basildon and The Quadron, Dartford.
- LaSalle - We have recently advised one of the LaSalle managed funds on lettings to a major online retailer, of a distribution centre in Croydon.
Partner and Co-Head of Industrial & Logistics, Victoria Towers, has provided expert commentary to Logistics Manager magazine on the growing discrepancy between the sector’s occupier market and investment market; how the former remains strong, but the latter has nosedived.
The logistics sector could be forgiven for becoming complacent due to the seemingly never-ending demand for prime warehouse space. However, the developers that operate within the sector are acutely aware that in order to remain on trend, the sector (much like the rest of the world) needs to operate in a sustainable fashion.
Podcast host Miri Stickland is joined in our latest podcast by Jeff Wilson, Director at property investment and development company Wrenbridge, and Commercial Real Estate Partner Vicki Towers to talk about the evolution of Wrenbridge’s business and how their schemes are designed with the logistics occupiers of the future in mind.
Podcast host Miri Stickland is joined by Glencar Construction’s Managing Director, Eddie McGillycuddy and Director Chris Gleave, alongside Construction Partner Emily Holdstock, to talk through the current logistics market, some of the key challenges faced by contractors and the impact of tenants’ increasingly sophisticated technology requirements on the build process.